Reports to: Vice President of Operations
The Operations Assistant provides the administrative and clerical support necessary for the efficient and professional administration of the Artistic Operations department and the Vice President of Artistic Operations. The Operations Assistant supports the Operations Manager and Production Manager in the planning and execution of concert production activities, and serves as Stage Manager in rotation with other Artistic Operations Department staff for all concerts as assigned. The Operations Assistant works closely with the Music Director, orchestra musicians, stagehands, vendors, and other FWSO department staff.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
Provide general administrative and clerical support to the Artistic Operations Department.
- Maintain and update concert files, contract log, attendance report, invoice log, and OPAS.
- Prepare monthly calendars for distribution to staff, musicians, and others
- Reserve parking and provide security lists for all onsite services with PAFW
- Prepare and distribute production folders for each concert
- Prepare info sheets, itineraries, and per diem (when applicable) for all offsite services
- Prepare contracts for education engagements
- Process stagehand paperwork and payroll and CITG crew paperwork and payroll
- Keep minutes of all production meetings
Manage, organize, and maintain orchestra archival recordings
- Communicate season recording schedule with recording engineer and prepare recording materials for each production
- Set broadcast schedule and distribute approved recordings for broadcast and corresponding program books to WRR
- Communicate directly with broadcast committee in the selection of material
Provide logistical and managerial support during Concerts in the Garden
- Manage “Eco Team” and Usher Volunteer programs
- Prepare volunteer registration materials & coordinate website display
- Place apparel & parking pass orders with vendors
- Prepare and distribute all staff and volunteer materials
- Oversee volunteer registration and orientation
- Communicate regularly with volunteer managers
- Maintain volunteer database (contact details, schedule changes, comp requests, etc)
- Manage and ensure timely submission of city permits (banners, tents, recycling, etc.)
- Produce emergency management manual and schedule and coordinate annual meeting.
- Create production documents (tech sheets, pre-concert reports, etc) as needed
Serve as stage manager for all concerts as assigned
- Create stage plots and production sheets
- Advance all production details (equipment needs, load-in/setup times, etc) with venues
- Responsible for the safe handling and transportation of all FWSO owned instruments and equipment and all instruments and equipment rented or loaned to the FWSO
- Ensure that regulations in IATSE & AFM Collective Bargaining Agreements are followed
Please send your cover letter and resume to Becky Tobin, Vice President of Artistic Operations no later than March 31, 2017. email@example.com