The Manager of Institutional Giving plans, develops, and implements the solicitation of corporate support, foundation grants, and government support for the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra’s major artistic and educational programming. The Manager will organize and execute prospecting research and strategy, fulfillment of donor benefits and work directly with donors and internal staff throughout the organization.
- Grant Writing: develop and manage calendar of grant opportunities and prepare and submit highly competitive grant submissions, reports, and attachments.
- Institutional Relations: research, identify and solicit new sources of institutional support.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with corporate donors and foundations.
- Draft and edit proposals, final reports, solicitation letters and other written materials as needed. Includes the submission of budget and financial information.
- Collaborate with Director of Development to develop and successfully execute the organization’s annual fundraising goals, strategies, and calendar of activities to support corporate and foundation fundraising efforts.
- Work with Development Services to ensure accuracy in processing gifts, drafting of correspondence, and ensuring proper donor crediting on all materials.
- B.A. from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of successful development experience required
- Working knowledge of the performing arts is preferred
- Comfortable prioritizing competing tasks and deadlines and operating with a spirit of flexibility.
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required
- Superior communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are essential.
- Exceptional written communication and presentation skills; capable of presenting complex mission and impact succinctly to expert and non-expert audiences.
- Superlative organizational and research skills; ability to work both independently and cross-functionally within a small team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and donor comparable database is essential.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No phone calls, please.